10 Fun Facts about Copper.
- The Atomic symbol of copper is Cu and it has an atomic number of 29.
- In 1857 the largest single piece of copper weighed 420 metric tons.
- Copper was used by ancient people as it is one of a handful of metals found in its native form.
- Pure copper melts at 1084.62 degrees Celsius.
- On average a standard car contains 19 Kilograms of copper.
- Copper can be fully recycled with no breakdown of quality.
- Copper has high water corrosion resistance making it ideal for ship markings.
- Copper tools are used when working with explosives as they do not spark.
- Copper is a naturally antibacterial.
- Copper is alloyed with zinc which is how brass is made.
PDF Version: 10 Fun Facts About Copper
Shim Stock Metals is a large supplier of various copper shim used for models toys and trains.